You have planned every aspect of your wedding o a tee, from sampling wines to suit the menu to adding up lights to match your bridal colours, but one very important thing that often couples overlook is the last song of the night, it’s only the last memory you and your guests will have of the biggest day of your life!!! No biggie right, well here at the Irish wedding DJ Association we have you covered!
Whether it’s a dance anthem or a sing-along classic we all want a song that will encourage all your guests on the dance floor for one final climax! Here are 20 tracks with a proven track record of filling dance floors around the country!
- Semisonic closing time Released in 1998 this has a bit of n indie feel to it, it’s about closing time and everyone leaving the bar it’s a slow burner and well suited if you like to break the norm
- Journey -Don’t stop believing if you are looking for a belter of a power ballad with epic air guitar opportunities then this ticks all the boxes originally released in 1981 this track has aged well
- Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes – (I’ve Had) The Time Of My Life, an absolute classic from the movie dirty dancing, what a way to finish your night and if you are feeling brave you could always try the iconic lift
- Neil Diamond Sweet Caroline this has to be one of the most played wedding songs of all time, everyone Knows the lyrics and all the better if the bride is called Caroline
- Killers Mr Brightside A Modern classic and the first track released by the killers it’s a great sing-along to end your night just don’t think too much into what the lyrics are about 😉
- QUEEN don’t stop me know Chances are your guests won’t want to stop dancing cause there “having a good time”
- Come on Eileen Dexys midnight runners this is a cracker for the end of the night when everyone doesn’t really know the words but still wants to sing at the top of their voice
- Frank Sinatra New York New York This is definitely not a love song but for some reason, it’s a timeless choice as the last dance!
- The Beatles Hey Jude going all the way back to 1968 for this pick guaranteed to get old and young alike on the dance floor for some na na na naaa harmonies
- Take that Never forget Gary Barlow has to be one of the best songwriters of all time and he blew this one out of the park, it’s the perfect track joyous to the end this will create a magical moment your guests will “never forget”
- The Blues Brothers Everybody Needs Somebody Upbeat and fast-paced this one is guaranteed to get uncle john out on the floor throwing some wild shapes
- The Lumineers ho hey Perfect ending for a rustic wedding, what a great upbeat tune with great lyrics “I belong with you, you belong with me You’re my sweetheart “ it really says all that has to be said!
- One Direction History with a sway worthy melody and a real feel good vibe this track might even produce tears of joy but it’s definitely going to create a wonderful memory
- Daryl Hall & John Oates, you make my dreams Another belter of a track it has been used in a number of movies over the decades including the wedding singer and step brothers! And if you’re looking for an upbeat feel good track for your last dance you couldn’t go wrong with this
- Ed Sheeran Perfect A gorgeous folksy melody and a perfect swaying tempo. Will be a popular choice now and for many years to come!
- House of Pain Jump Around if you want to lift the roof one more time then this is the track for you
- Mark McCabe Maniac 2000 is it really an Irish wedding unless maniac 2000 is played at some point throughout the night. Why not hold it back to the very last song and watch your guests explode on the dance floor
- Walk the moon shut up and dance The title says it all, a fun pop/soft rock track belter that gets everyone hyped up!
- Rihanna We found love The club/party anthem of 2011, We Found Love still manages to get the most reluctant dancers out on the dance floor. This song is great to dance to because of the big build-up moments and the tempo (not too fast or too slow.)
- Daft punk one more time another big dance anthem suited to a lively audience i mean who doesn’t want to dance “one more time”
Well we have reached the final track on our list, we hope that it gives you some help in picking a track to leave everlasting memories for you and your guests, but don’t forget when you book a professional Wedding Dj they will happily help pick the track to suit your exact needs
Also if you like the tracks listed then check out this Spotify playlist
Author: John Hegarty
Donegal Wedding DJ John Hegarty has become the go-to name for all things Wedding. literally, Ireland’s top Wedding DJ, based in Donegal His passion for music from all Genres and his entertaining MC style has shown his popularity in the wedding sector increase immensely. John who has been a specialist in Weddings for a number of years believes that by mixing nostalgic throwback Tunes and modern classics he will keep the wedding Guests all dancing into the wee small hours. and although booked mainly in Donegal John offers nationwide service!
To find out more about Donegal Wedding DJ Scotty you can enquire through the members page here on the Wedding DJ Association. Also see below a list of links to Paudie’s website as well as his social media: